Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Time Has FINALLY Come!!!

I'm sooooo excited!! The time has FINALLY come. Let me say that again... THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!!! YABADABADOOOOO! (Fred Flinstone... for those of you who were trying to look that word up in the dictionary) We leave on Valentine's Day- how appropriate is that? Also, we are so happy to be traveling with our friends Anila and Lenin. They are adopting a baby boy -Jay(who is such a cutie!) The three of them are going to make this very special trip even more special.

The last couple of days I've felt sort of in a fog or something (shock I think), but tonight it's like it's finally hit home... we really are going next week. We went shopping today and got all the last minute things we need for travel; however, I feel certain there will be at least one more Wal-Mart run before we finally take off. Shane and I had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants after a long day of shopping and discussed the fact that this would be one of our last dinners out with just the two of us. We have been married for thirteen years so we have had plenty of just the two of us dinners and they have all been great, but we are so ready for our baby girl ... bring on the highchair!!

The orphanage director still does not actually have the passport in her hands yet, but we have been told that it will mail out on Monday and we should hear on Tues. morning that she has it. Regardless, we've been given travel clearance and told that we might possibly be delayed a day or two in Kolkata. But that's okay with us as long as Jadyn is finally in our arms.

God is sooooooooo good. I just can't say it enough. I want to praise Him from the rooftops! One of my student's parents sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers to me at school yesterday and on the card she wrote this Bible verse ...

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grace:
I woke up this a.m. and the first people I thought of were you and Amanda. So neat to hear that Jay's Mommy and Daddy are getting to travel with you. You all will have some wonderful memories to think on. Praying for a safe trip for all of you and I can't wait to see all of those pictures and here about the first time you met Jadyn.
Leveta