Thursday, February 22, 2007

More Pics Before Leaving

Daddy finally found his hairbrush... it was at the Sheraton all along!
Poolside with mommy at the hotel. Jadyn is so enjoying the sunshine on her face.




It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Super Baby!
Our things are all packed up and we are ready to go. We'll stay here at the hotel until 6:00 and then we will head for the airport. We are tired and ready to come home, but yet we have so many sweet memories of our time here in India. I think Jadyn will do okay on the airplane. On the short flight from Kolkata to New Delhi she slept. We haven't seen her facial expressions at take-off yet. I'm sure those big beautiful eyes will get a little bigger. As we rode the taxis, rickshaws, etc, those eyes were giant sized at times and always looking around.
Okay to resopnd to some of the comments... Marilyn and Joanne-I'll be happy to go shopping one last time and get you some bangles (such a sacrifice to shop again-heehee). Natasha and others who are wanting to come to the airport- we would love to see everyone there! We will arrive at about 10:20 p.m. on Friday night. I can't guarantee we'll smell good or look very pretty, but of course miss Jadyn will be looking fabulous as always.
This will be our last post from India :-( I'll try to post again during our layover in Singapore, but we'll just have to see how it goes. Although maybe I shouldn't...I was giggling and blushing as I read over some of my posts this morning. As a new parent with jet lag, I cannot be held responsible for spelling errors and such. I hope it all made since, as they were just our personal notes posted during times of extreme fatigue and happiness. I've posted a few times with my eyes only half open. Anyway, so glad that all of you were able to share in our incredible journey. Wish time would've allowed us to post more. Thanks again to everyone and we will see you very soon! God bless!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jadyn helped her Daddy find his hair brush!! We can't wait to see you guys take care and we will see you soon!!
Peggy Nez

Nadra said...

Before long you'll be settled in at home with your beautiful baby girl. It's been such a pleasure to follow your journey in India. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us.

Looking forward to seeing you Friday night.

Nadra

Anonymous said...

Shane -

I don't think I have ever seen you smile so much!!

Love You Guys!

See you at the airport.

Pam Puckett

Anonymous said...

We are soooo ready for you all to come home. See you Friday night.
(BTW, just how big of a hair brush does Shane need with so little hair?)

Anonymous said...

Shane and Grace,

We are praying that you make it home safe. I'm so happy that your journey to get Jadyn and become a family is complete. Now you begin a new journey. A new journey of raising a child and getting to know this wonderful gift from God. I know that you will be wonderful parents that raise Jadyn to know our Lord. What a blessing you will be to her. We are looking forward to visiting you soon and Steve is trying to arrange his schedule to be able to take a couple of days off. Call us when things settle down at home and let us know how you are doing. We've really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

We love you, Shane, Grace and Jadyn!!!

Hugs from Texas,
Steve and Teresa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile your daughther has!!! I know you are going to enjoy waking up to that every morning!!!! Have a safe flight home.

Kristie Humphries

Anonymous said...

I laughed too when I saw some of the spellings but understand completely. It is almost like getting drug through the mall when you are 9 months pregnant (ha ha)..you are soooo going to get paid back. Dont forget to let me know when feeding and bath time are so I can make sure to call you..especially when you just get home since you will be good and tired. Everyone else reading this...all an inside joke with Grace and I but she knows how much I love her. I am ready for you to call me for advice when you get home...I have the baby book and past experiences ready to share. Be safe coming home. Love you guys.

Heather Riggs

Anonymous said...

This has been the most wonderful journey. Thank you so very much for sharing with us. You will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next 24 hours, praying for a safe and quiet trip for all of you. It's hard to believe your darling daughter is almost home!! Love always, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Like the others, I want to say "thank you" for sharing your "incredible journey" with us. What a blessing your blog has been to so many people. We can't wait to see you tomorrow night and meet your little angel!
Love,
Betsy :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the McMahan family safe and sound.
I've enjoyed to postings too!
Shane seems to be settling into his new job as "daddy".
Has a nice ring to it doesn't it Shane!
God be with you on your flight home!!

Greg

angie tucker said...

She's just stunning! You all looks so happy!

Have a safe and speedy trip home.

God Bless,

Angie

Anonymous said...

Grace,Shane and Jadyn

It looks as if she has waited for the both of you as long as you both had to wait on her, God is good, the loving family bond is already there, I am thrilled for you all, can't wait to see you.

Love Leslie

Anonymous said...

You really should publish your story. I think that the Lord will
provide an opportunity. From the beginning of the journey and on.... is such and will be such an inspiration to many.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! She fits into your arms so good. Isn't it wonderful just to hold her and know that God put her there. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I can't wait to meet her!

God Bless,
Teresa Smith

Anonymous said...

I know you're home now...I'm sure you all are resting and trying to make up for the "jet-lag". I hope you're doing good. Those last few pics of Jadyn are beautiful! She looks so well-adjusted. I hope to see you soon. I just can't wait to see Jadyn in person and to see you as a mommy!

With Love,
Jenny

Suzy-Q said...

What a beatiful baby girl!! God's timing is just perfect.....

Anonymous said...

Grace-
WOW! The first time you showed me Jadyn's picture, I told you I felt like she already belonged to you! The pictures of her with you and your husband prove that to be true! God knows what is BEST for us! I know one thing ... He picked the BEST parents for Jadyn! You two are truly an inspiration! I admire how strong your FAITH has been during this entire process! What a testimony! Thank you for sharing this remarkable journey! I've read the blog a million times! And, yes, I've cried every time! I'm so happy for all of you! Jadyn is a very lucky little girl! And, of course, she's just absolutely gorgeous! You're right ... GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Take care, Shelley Jones

Micah's favorite aunt (kristy) said...

Hi! I know you don;t know me but I wanted to leave a comment! :o) I'm Pam's sister, kristy...baby Micah's aunt. I just wanted to say congratulations! Baby Jadyn is so so beautiful!! I have been following your blog and crying along. Baby Micah has brought so much joy into our family, and it's hard to even remember life without him! I know baby Jadyn will do the same for you. God bless!
~kristy