Sunday, January 28, 2007

Waiting On The Edge of Our Seats

Well, we have done it! We bought our plane tickets! Really Dillon recommends that we wait until the passport has been received by the orphanage director because you don't know what could happen with the mail, etc. , but we decided that we have allowed some time for delays, hold-ups, etc. and also we got a really great deal. We just know that if we wait the availability is going to be bad, and it would put us traveling later. Now we just have to wait until we hear the passport has been received and then.... Feb. 14th... that's right we'll leave on Valentine's Day!!!
Lately I just feel like I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what is going to happen. I just want to crawl on an airplane tomorrow and go pick up my baby girl! This weekend has been difficult, I've been battling all of these awful feelings of fear and doubt. We have had so many set backs during our process that I just don't want to face one more road block. We are so close, yet still so far away. There are still so many ifs and whens, but I'm trying to focus on what I know to be true. So here are a few things I know:

  • I know that God has called us to this very moment in our lives.
  • I know that He is mindful of us;He hasn't forgotten our circumstances, and all the details that have to work together in order for us to be able to travel.
  • I know that God's word is true.
  • I know that God loves us and has good plans for us (Jer.29:11)
  • I know that ALL things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.

2 comments:

Kristi W. said...

That is so exciting!!!!!! The light is at the end of the tunnel, finally!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. I'll keep praying that the passport comes when it is supposed to so there are no more hold ups! Congratulations!!!!

Kristi

angie tucker said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats! As I'm sure you know, the Conners left on Valentine's Day to get Ian! What a special day to mark such a special moment in your journey to meet Jadyn!

Congrats and our prayers will be with you every step of the way...may Valentine's Day come quickly!

God Bless,

Angie