Thursday, May 24, 2007

MAY MEMORIES




































May has been a busy and fun month with Jadyn. Her little personality is really starting to blossom and we are having so much fun with her. She is always doing something that makes us laugh. She is very active and always busy. She really keeps us on our toes! The little quiet baby girl we brought home from India is a distant memory. We are so happy that she has adapted and adjusted so well to everything.


We had a great time at the zoo with little Mia and Ian and their mommies and daddies. They were both adopted from the Matri Sneha orphanage in India just like Jadyn, but they have been home over a year now. It was so great to be able to spend time with these two wonderful families. We ended the evening with dinner at India Palace. Thanks to both families for such a special day!


Mother’s Day was obviously incredible for me this year. Last year was special because we had just found out about Jadyn, but it was very bitter-sweet not having her in our arms yet. Shane made this Mother’s Day extra special for me; he gave me a beautiful necklace that I will always cherish. We also had a wonderful lunch with our mothers after church.


Jadyn turned 18 months the 23rd. Shane made one and a half chocolate cakes for her (Thanks to Karen from the Dillon forum for sharing this great idea… we just tweaked it a little). She had her first taste of chocolate and liked it, but didn’t gobble it up… we were a little relieved, as we wondered what kind of effect chocolate might have on her bedtime routine (heehee). Shane’s chocolate cakes have been known to put people into sugar shock!


I’ve also included a couple of random photos from home with Jadyn playing outside at her sand and water table and …for my own personal pleasure… Jadyn with her Starbucks cup…don’t worry it’s only water…well, you have to start somewhere!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace:
She is so beautiful! I love reading your posts about her. I am so happy that she is in your lives.
Leveta

Amanda said...

Jadyn is so gorgeous. I'm so glad her personality is shining. We won't be coming your way this year but I can only hope that 2008 will allow to come to India camp. I love seeing the wonderful pictures of Jadyn.

Jo said...

Jadyn has the cutest little face! What a little treasure she is. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all are doing very well. I am so happy for you and your family. I cannot wait to meet her. Many blessings.
Terri